Alright, so I realize it’s not a Tuesday, or even a day that starts with a T but this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic over at The Broke and the Bookish is a freebie. So might as well still post one right?? So if you haven’t stepped outside recently, you might have noticed that it is in fact summer. Living in Arizona I am reminded of that the instant I leave the house. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t love summer any less! So in no particular order, I give you all the reasons I love this beautiful hot season!
1. More time for reading: first and foremost! Every reader (at least every reader who is a student) cherishes the summer because they know that means it’s time to catch up on pleasure reading! Not a single textbook shall be cracked!
2. Poolside/tanning: Yes I admit it, I am a basic AZ girl and love me some tanning! And you know what goes so well with tanning? Reading!
3. Netflix: Ok this one is a given! I binge watch so many shows during the summer time! It’s so much fun to just sit there for hours and let the world melt away as a new one unfurls on the screen! So far this summer I’ve watched Gotham and Chuck! I would definitely recommend watching either one.
4. Meeting up with friends: I have friends that go to all different schools around the state and country. The summer is the perfect time to catch up with friends I don’t usually get to see during the school year!
5. Stress free zone: Detoxing of stress comes so easily when there are no exams to study for and no homework to be struggling over. Summer is the perfect time to recharge and rejuvenate!
6. Vacation: Whether its a day, a weekend, or a week, vacations are abound!
7.Extra work hours: Summer jobs save my financial butt! During the school year I am a full time student, so the summer months are the only time I work. This summer in particular, I am working two part time jobs that I absolutely love!
8. Time to do those things I said I would: Each year I make a summer to do list of all the things I’ve been meaning to finally accomplish! Setting goals early on helps keep me motivated to at least be somewhat productive in between the Netflix/reading!
9. Exercising: There is so much more time to get in a good long work out each day and prep for that bikini! This summer my go to has been Daily Burn, each day a brand new 30 minute workout is posted! These work outs are geared toward any one of all ages and will whip you into shape in no time!
10. The food: watermelon and cherries are in season, and there’s nothing like a Strawberry Limeade from Sonic to really make it feel like summer! Not to mention a little backyard barbecue for Fourth of July!