This meme is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
So this week is pretty cool, because it’s a FREEBIE!! So I decided to talk about what is basically my bookish bucketlist/dreams/wishlist if I had money and time for it at this point in my life. I’m a week into my first clinical rotation and have lots of piling student loans and only some extra time on my hands for now while I don’t have to study for my board exam just yet (that won’t be til the end of January 2021). I also realize that these are totally wants, and not needs, but hey, that’s why I’m working my a** off now in Physical Therapy School so that these dreams can become a reality some day.
1. Own a full TBR Cart: I see these all over bookstagram, and I’M OBSESSED! Unfortunately the blush one that is $30 at Michaels is already sold out! Especially because it was on my upcoming birthday list! Le sigh. They’re just so pretty, it definitely adds to a library room.
2. Have my own WordPress Domain: I would love to pay the yearly fee so that I can have my own domain name without the “wordpress” logo at the end, and have the additional features that come with having the fancier wordpress page too.
3. Buy new bookshelves: I desperately need new shelves, or at least to replace one of the two shelves I have. They currently don’t match one another and are both used, one looks brand new, the other, has seen better days lol.
4. String up bookmarks on my shelves: This is something I also see all over Bookstagram and love how they look on shelves, but I need to find kite string or ribben or something so I can do it myself. Anyone have advice on the best way to do it? I only have a handful of magnetic bookmarks (like 10 maybe), but I am determined to slowly grow it and get the string up.
5. Get picture editing app subscriptions: Unfortunately, all the best editing apps have subscriptions in order to give you access to more features. Not cool I say! I am not about to pay for every app just so I can get access to the one feature I like that the subscription gives, but I’d like to at least get the VSCO one and maybe one other.
6. Own all 3 sizes of booksleeves: There are just reasons to have each size, am I wrong?? I only have one size booksleeve currently and it’s a large one, so it’s annoying to take a bigger one than is necessary places #firstworldproblems. It’d also be nice to just have others for going on trips when multiple books are required too.
7. Buy a nice reading chair: Ain’t this every bookworm’s dream though?? I dream of the day when I can have my own little library room (currently my boyfriend and I have combined our nerd room into one big fandom room), with the perfect reading chair under a big window for natural lighting and bookshelves covering one full wall minimum.
8. Go to Book Conventions: I just want to meet authors so I can fangirl, get books signed, buy merch and then the end!
9. Fly to meet Authors on Tour: It still kills me that I wasn’t able to meet Jennifer Armentrout when she came to Arizona because I was in PT school. Damn education ruining things left and right! Lord knows when she’ll come back again, but regardless, few big-time authors make their stop in AZ, so I’d love to be able to fly or drive to any of the surrounding states to meet some of my favorite authors!
10. Buy The Nerdy Ink HP Dust Jackets: Are these not gorgeous?! I want them sooo bad, but they are going to be near impossible to get once they restock in November, so I hear anyway. I also have no idea how much they cost, and would most certainly have to find another set of used HP books to display the new jackets separately. So this would be quite the undertaking, but my determination is strong!
Well there ya have it folks, after writing this post, I’ve basically realized that… I WANT ALL THE THINGS! I wish I could easily post that head smacking emoji next to that statement, but oh well.
What would you include on your list? I’d love to know!