This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Well, it’s that time of the year again, time to break down and make the tough choices in life….It’s time…to choose…my Top Ten Books I Read In 2014.
Okay, here they are in no particular order, cause it would just be too emotionally strenuous to order them.
1. The Collectors’ Society by Heather Lyons: Such an amazing spinoff of Alice’s Adventure’s in Wonderland, so much action, and such good steamy romance. It was an all around fantastic story, and I can’t wait to read more!!
2. Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer Armentrout: Oh my love for this book/series is INFINITE!! The Lux Series came to a close this year, which was so bittersweet, but it couldn’t have been a better ending. And Jennifer Armentrout just released the wedding scene for Kat and Daemon which had my heart all a fluttering!! I LOVED this book, and will definitely reread it! I also happened to win a signed copy of it this year, so that adds to its magnificence!
3. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer: Even though I love the entire Lunar Chronicles, Scarlet in particular was my favorite. I loved reading Scarlet’s story and getting introduced to new characters. There was so much action and suspense in this book, it had me going from start to finish!
4. Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer Armentrout: I was so happy that I was finally able to knock The Covenant series off my TBR list this year! This series was amazing, the romance, the ingenuine storyline, the epic fight scenes…this first book is what started it at all, and was my overall favorite of the series!
5. Lady Thief (Scarlet #2) by A.C. Gaughen: The second installment to the Scarlet series was thrilling and made for a lovely companion while on a road trip this year! I flew through this book, and am more than excited to read the next one!
6. White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer Armentrout: Sorry-not-sorry for having Armentrout books pop up on here three times, it’s just a testament to her amazingness as an author! White Hot Kiss was an incredible twist on paranormal romance and I enjoyed every minute of it!
7. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: I was finally able to read the original story this year and was enthralled by it’s whimsical pages! It truly is an extraordinary tale.
8. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: Though this story was heartbreaking, it was also beautiful and brought forth a plethora of feelings. I really dived into it’s pages because I was required to analyze it for a paper, so I felt like I spent a lot of time with the characters in this book.
9. What Kills Me by Wynne Channing: This book definitely had a spin all its own that held my attention throughout, it was fast and to the point but perfectly paced to keep me constantly on the edge of my seat!
10. Stained (Stained #1) by Ella James: Though this series didn’t have a very satisfying ending, I still really enjoyed this first book and what it brought to the angelic genre of paranormal.
Well there ya have it folks, this years haul on my Top Ten List of Books I’ve Read in 2014! Jennifer Armentrout, you still take the cake!