This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Alright so this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is: Top Ten Favorite Classic Books/ Classics I Want To Read. Well technically it was supposed to be one or the other, but I wanted to combine them into what I have and haven’t read since I didn’t think I had 10 for one or the other. Also, the term “classic” I’m taking very lightly for this post, so here are my top ten favorite classics/ classics I want to read (that I consider to be classic anyway).
Favorite Classic Books (that I’ve actually read)
1. Harry Potter Series: because whoever says these books are not classic is just wrong.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis: these books were some of my favorite growing up. They will forever be classics!
3. Love You Forever by Sheila McGraw: let’s just say this book means a lot to me and will always be my favorite children’s book.
4. The Princess Bride by William Goldman: I absolutely love this book and the movie! To me they will forever be classics!
5. 1984 by George Orwell: Though I wouldn’t say I loved this book, I definitely found it intriguing! And I always appreciate and chuckle at every “Big Brother” reference I see in pop culture!
6. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover: I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I had to read it for a Summer reading project which included me annotating it. I basically had to break down every element of this book and ya know what? I really loved doing it! This book has soo many wonderful quotes and morals, it just got me thinking in ways I hadn’t thought before.
7. The BFG by Roald Dahl: I love this book so much! I read it three times growing up and will probably end up reading it again! Roald Dahl writes wonderful stories!
8. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Seth: So I’m throwing this in because it’s technically a classic and I read it! Though this book wasn’t nearly as exciting as I wanted it to be it was still the ever wonderful story of Pride and Prejudice (which I love) just ya know with some zombies thrown in!
Classics I Want To Read
9. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: I absolutely love the story of Alice in Wonderland and I’ve read so many spin off series of it yet I’ve never actually read the classic. And since I’m currently reading Alice in Zombieland by Nicholas Cook and Lewis Carroll I’m even more eager to read the original book! IT WILL HAPPEN!
10. The Hobbit and the rest of The Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R. Tolkien: I love these movies soo much but still haven’t read the books which totally betrays my moral standing on book-to-movie relations! So eventually I WILL read these books! I promise (myself).