This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday recognizes the books that were a milestone in my “reading career,” meaning any books that got me hooked on a specific genre/style of reading/perspective.
1. Michael Grant/The Gone Series: got me into reading insane post apocalyptic books
3. The Lux Series: The AWESOMENESS of this series opened my eyes to the greatness that can be Syfy alien novels. Never in my dreams would I have thought I would enjoy a book centered on an alien romance, frankly I was never a big fan of anything alien related up until I read these books. Now I pretty much jump on a book if I see extra terrestrial relations/ romance combo!
4. Twilight: As much as it pains me to say this, the Twilight Series is what made me fall in love with reading romance novels. Before these books I had no interest in mushy relationships, but that was 6 years ago and since then my world of reading had drastically changed to straight up romantic highs! Lol
5. Harry potter Series: I started reading these when I was 7 years old, the impact these books have had on my life is greater than any other series combined. And “that’s all I have to say about that.”
6. The Maximum Ride Series: Some of my first science fiction books I’ve ever read were the Maximum Ride books. This series opened me up to shape-shifter novels for sure!
7. The Halo Series: made me fall in love with angelic/demonic paranormal romances