This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Alright, so sorry I didn’t get to do this last week, but things were just too insane for me with Christmas, but I am back for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday with the Top Ten Books I Read in 2013! Though it is very difficult to narrow it down to only ten, it’s also not difficult at all to see which specific books stand out above the rest. I’d also like to say that I read 71 books this year which was better than my 68 last year, of course it’s not nearly as high as most bloggers out there, but unfortunately that’s just all I have the time for, and that 71 books makes me proud! So here are the top books I read in 2013, some are in order, others not really.
1. Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer Armentrout: Oh how could I ever express my boundless love for The Lux series and this book?!?! Not only did this book satisfy the colossal cliff hanger at the end of book three, but it provided me with the beautiful gift of Daemon’s POV throughout, and that is like the equivalent of a Christmas miracle folks. I was glued to my Kindle reading this after waiting for 9 months to see what happened after that soul crushing cliff hanger. Let’s just say no one saw me for a couple days while I finished it. Anyway if you haven’t read The Lux series yet, then your life remains incomplete, and to quote Forrest Gump: “that’s all I have to say about that.” Check out my reviews on The Lux series here!
2. Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter: This book was such a GREAT find, I read it back in January so it was before I started blogging. Alice in Zombieland is unlike any zombie book you’ll ever encounter, not to mention it is beautifully graphic, and stunningly romantic! I couldn’t put the book down and couldn’t wait for book two!
3. Through the Zombie Glass (The White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter: So I had to include book two as well, because I waited 9 months for it and that was brutal for me but soo worth it! Through the Zombie Glass was even better than the first book, I literally could not put it down, it had me completely hooked from start to finish. It was even more romantic and more intense. I CANNOT wait for the next book to come out next year! Check out my review here!
4. Incendiary (Premonition Series #4) by Amy Bartol: I read this literally around the first week of Jan 2013 so I’m still counting it! Anyway, this is yet another series that has my endless love! Incendiary was literally my FAVORITE of the Premonition series, it was the most heart stopping and suspenseful of the four in my opinion. And I am dying to get my hands on Iniquity (book #5)! Reviews of this series will be posted hopefully within the next couple months or so.
5. Light (Gone #5) by Michael Grant: The Gone series is one of my favorite series ever and I was soo ecstatic to read the final book after having spent 4+ years waiting for each book to come out in the series. This book ended so beautifully and insanely at the same time. Though parts of it were heartbreaking, it is rare that I have seen a book tie up all loose ends so nicely! Read my review of the entire series here!
6. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill: This was such a unique and compelling stand alone time traveling book. The plot was absolutely thrilling and had me going from the very beginning. All Our Yesterdays is just one of those trippy books that stays with you. It is definitely worth reading, especially if you are a big syfy buff! Read my review here!
7. Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me #1) by Paige Weaver: This book is a wonderfully captivating apocalyptic romance. It’s filled with plenty of suspense and a great plot line for sure! I really enjoyed reading this series this year! Read my review here!
8. Monsters (Ashes #3) by Ilsa J Bick: Though this was one detailed whopper of a book, I loved it anyway! The Ashes series is one of my top favorite zombie series and it was awesome to see it come to a close this year. This book had some uber suspense going throughout and never leaves you dissatisfied. Read my review here!
9. Endless Knight (Arcana Chronicles #2) by Kresley Cole: The Arcana Chronicles is so different and engaging, its eerie yet strangely romantic. Endless Knight was action packed and an easy page turner. I can’t wait for the next book! Read my review here!
10. Salvation ( Captive Series #4) by Erica Stevens: The Captive Series is basically my favorite vampire series, it’s addicting to read throughout, and I became obsessed with reading these. It has one of my favorite book boyfriends in it and has a fantastic story line that leaves you completely hooked. Salvation finished off the series this year, and though I was sad to see it end, I was also pretty satisfied with the conclusion, if only for the beautiful romance within. Read our review here!