This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So in honor of Thanksgiving this Thursday, this weeks topic is Top Ten Things I’m Thankful for, these are bookish and non-bookish because I wanted to put my own personality into my post and this deserves honesty.
1. God: First and foremost I am thankful to God and the blessings he has given me in this wonderful life. Without him, this would all be meaningless.
2. Family: Secondly, I am thankful for the amazing family that I have who are always there for me when all else fails. Especially my Mom, without whom, I don’t think I ever would have fallen in love with reading. So thanks Mom for reading Green Eggs & Ham and every other children’s book under the sun to me before bed each night, it’s what turned this girl into a full fledged book worm, and I couldn’t be prouder to have become one.
3. My Blog: And of course I am thankful for my blog!! I am so happy to have become a blogger and put forth my time and effort as well as my crazy personality into a blog that I can literally share with the world! So thank you WordPress for providing such an awesome forum that I can navigate and utilize to produce a functioning blog.
4. Books, Books, Books, and more….books!! I am so so soo thankful for the fantastical world of books!! Thank you books for providing me with the ultimate escape from the world around me. Thank you for giving me a safe haven that I can always return to. Thank you for allowing me to go to a place where anything is possible. Thank you for your story lines, and your extremely hot alpha male leads. 😉 Thank you for the characters/friends I’ve made in your pages, and for the worlds I’ve come to call home.
5. My iPhone! My iPhone has been a beautiful tool in helping me to promote my blog by staying connected to it 24/7 through the WordPress App, I honestly don’t know how I would live without it…not to mention it’s my means of keeping my Kindle with me all the time through the app as well. So I kinda need it… A LOT! (first world problems, I know)
6. My followers! I love all of you for helping me in spreading the word about these great authors and books that they have written. And thank you to all those who have helped me in spreading the word about Escape Inside the Pages in general. I’m still growing, but I have come soo much farther with what was originally a “summer activity,” than I ever intended to. Without you this blog wouldn’t really be possible, so thank you!
7. My Kindle! Oh and how could I forget my precious Kindle Fire, my child ;), and constant companion in this battle I call life. Thank you for providing me with some of the best books I have ever read. I’m sorry for ever doubting the power of ebooks! You are a worthy ereader my friend. 😀
8. Free Books ergo Amazon! Thank you Amazon for having free ebooks ALL THE TIME!! I have honestly found some of the best books for free through Amazon! It’s a great financial benefit and it makes purchasing an ereader soo worth it!
9. Pinterest!!!! Though Pinterest doesn’t necessarily have to do with reading… I have found some of the best book related quotes/memes ever through it, as I’m sure you’ve noticed! Pinterest is one of my ultimate obsessions and one of my favorite pass times, (next to reading of course), but seriously if you don’t have a Pinterest account, you’re missing out on a WORLD of fantastical awesomness!! So thank you Pinterest for allowing me to waste hours of my life away looking through all your glorious abundance!
10. All those awesome book blogs out there! I won’t name them all because there are just too many, but I am so thankful for all those book bloggers and their blogs for inspiring me and teaching me the ropes of blogging. I love following your blogs and learning from you. Without other (way more popular than mine book blogs) I would have been pretty clueless as to how to do what I’m doing now.
So there ya have it folks! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and families, eat lots of food, and trample a few people to get that TV at Wal-Mart on Black Friday, ya know the whole shabang! 😉